Monday, March 8, 2010

Make your own Art


I made this piece of artwork when in the Graphic Design program here in Salem. All you need is an outline of something such as a dancer, a face, an animal, a scene or whatever it may be. This picture I took of my sister then, contrasted it lots on a photo editor. It came out like an outline and then I applied it to this piece.

First paint your canvas to you liking of a color. I used black so that my color and writing would stand out more.

Second, write on the canvas. Write whatever comes to mind, a prayer, a poem, something from a book, whatever it may be. Make sure your font of writing correlates with your art piece. Whether it is bulky, soft, italic, just make sure it fits. I wrote with a gold pen so that it stayed and stood out.

Third, outline your image onto the canvas with pencil lightly. What I did was used carbon paper to transfer the image. If you need help with this let me know and I can explain in more detail. Then after tracing image, tear up your choice of scrapbook paper and start gluing inside your outline. I also put cut out flowers, birds and drew on designs like swirls and such with a black permanent marker.

This is such an easy piece of artwork that can be done. Don't let the picture scare you but challenge you. Let me know if you need any help doing this. Have fun with your creative hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment